We understand that dental emergencies can be very frightening and stressful. We are here to ease your stress and get you treated promptly to reduce pain and have the best chance at saving your tooth. Your comfort, health, and peace of mind are our greatest priorities. If you find yourself in a dental emergency in Central Florida, call our team today to schedule your visit! We’ll work to fit you into our schedule as soon as possible. The following tips can help you know what to do in a dental emergency. If you have any questions, please let us know!
Steps for Knocked-Out Teeth:
Immediately call our office
- If the tooth cannot be placed back into the mouth, place it in a dental solution (available at pharmacies) or a glass of milk. It is important not to let the tooth dry out.
- Pick up the tooth by the crown (so you don’t damage the nerves), and rinse it under water. Do not touch the root.
- If possible, place it back into its socket. If not, tuck it into the cheek pouch.
- Get to our office as soon as possible.
Steps for Lost Fillings or Crowns:
- If the crown is lost, apply dental cement to the tooth to alleviate pain
- Apply clove oil to the tooth to alleviate pain
- Make a dental appointment as soon as possible
- Clean the crown, and cement it into place using dental cement (found at pharmacies)
- Do not use any kind of glue to affix the crown
Steps for a Cracked or Broken Tooth:
- Cover the area with over-the-counter dental cement if you are not able to see us immediately
- Apply gauze to the area for ten minutes if it is bleeding
- Rinse the tooth fragment and the mouth under lukewarm water
- Place a cold, damp towel to the cheek to alleviate swelling and pain
- Take a topical pain reliever