We understand that dental emergencies can be very frightening and stressful. We are here to ease your stress and get you treated promptly to reduce pain and have the best shot at saving the tooth. Your comfort, health and peace of mind are our greatest priorities.
Steps for Knocked-Out Teeth:
- Immediately call our office
- Pick up the tooth by the CROWN (so you don’t damage the nerves), and rinse it under water. Do NOT touch the root.
- If possible, place it back into its socket. If not, tuck it into the cheek pouch.
- If the tooth cannot be placed back into the mouth, place it in a dental solution (available at pharmacies) or a glass of milk. It is important not to let the tooth dry out.
- Get to our office as soon as possible.
Steps for Lost Fillings or Crowns:
- Make a dental appointment as soon as possible
- Apply clove oil to the tooth to alleviate pain
- Clean the crown, and cement it into place using dental cement (found at pharmacies)
- If the crown is lost, apply dental cement to the tooth to alleviate pain
- DO NOT use any kind of glue to affix the crown
Steps for a Cracked or Broken Tooth:
- Call our office
- Rinse the tooth fragment and the mouth under lukewarm water
- Apply gauze to the area for ten minutes if it is bleeding
- Place a cold, damp towel to the cheek to alleviate swelling and pain
- Cover the area with over-the-counter dental cement if you are not able to see us immediately
- Take a topical pain reliever